https://finegrades.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/logo-300x75.png 0 0 admin https://finegrades.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/logo-300x75.png admin2022-08-01 16:47:592022-08-01 16:47:59Week4 journal | Criminal homework help
Week4 journal | Criminal homework help
All questions are worth 20 points.
- Distinguish between power and authority. Do you believe the foundation of criminal justice organizations is power or authority? Why? Give examples in everyday criminal justice life that reflect the differences among these concepts.
- Think of the prison as a criminal justice organization. How does political power play out among life staff, supervisors, and administrators? Do inmates participate in the political structure?
- Identify the best conflict-resolution strategy for dealing with a police emergency. Why is this the best course of action?
- A growing number of line-level criminal justice practioners have college degrees. Will the advanced education of these practioners create greater or less resistance to change from within criminal justice organizations?
- Discuss why you think police officers and/or their supervisors may be skeptical of researchers asking questions in and around their department. Why would officers be inclined to cooperate or not cooperate? If you were the police chief, how would you handle this situation?