Unit i case study mkt 8301
Wendy’s: History and Life After Dave Thomas
Locate and read Case 4.2 starting on page 761 of your textbook. This specific case will be used in Units I–III. To be successful in your case study analysis, it is important that you be able to synthesize and analyze appropriately. As you answer specific questions about this case in the following units, you should be able to:
- identify the problem,
- determine the variables that are inclusive within the problem,
- identify potential constraints,
- differentiate the assumptions and develop a qualitative or quantitative technique that can be used to develop a solution,
- analyze and critique the solution, and
- determine the most appropriate course of action to formulate a plan for sustaining this action.
After reading the case, address the following topics:
- Discuss the role that marketing research can play in helping a fast-food restaurant such as Wendy’s formulate sound marketing strategies.
- Wendy’s is considering further expansion in the United States. Define the management decision problem.
- Define an appropriate marketing research problem based on the management decision problem you have identified.
- Explain the process that led you to the marketing research problem and why problem identification, in general, is important in this process.
This assignment should be completed in at least two pages. You must utilize two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles to support your responses, one of which must come from the CSU Online Library. Adhere to APA Style when constructing this assignment, including in-text citations and references for all sources that are used. Please note that no abstract is needed. For this assignment, it may be helpful to review the following video tutorials that will guide you in researching within the library’s two largest business-related databases, ABI/INFORM Collection and Business Source Ultimate: How to Use ABI/INFORM Collection for Business Research video
How to Use Business Source Ultimate for Business Research video
The transcripts for both of these videos can be found in the CSU Online Library: Video Tutorial Transcripts webpage.