For this final assignment, you will write a 750-1,250 word research paper on a controversial topic involving a cultural identifier and the implications for K-12 public education.
Review the list of cultural identifiers.
Identify a controversial topic in K-12 education that involves one or more of the cultural identifiers, already done in week 2 assignment. This topic should include two or more viewpoints that are for and against the issue.
Using a minimum of three scholarly journal articles from the last 12-36 months complete your paper on the following points:
- Describes the cultural identifiers discussed in the articles.
- Summarizes the historical background of the cultural identifiers and associated controversial topic in K-12 education.
- Identifies arguments presented for and against the issue.
- Discusses any associated injustices arising from the issue.
- Identifies 3 stakeholder groups that are most affected and where they fall on the cultural competence continuum
- How future teachers and students are affected by the identified cultural identifier(s).
- Summarizes solutions and/or proposed solutions to associated injustices.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.