In Chapter 8 of the text, Creswell (2014) discusses data analysis and the interpretation of results (pp. 167-182). The author also identifies various threats to validity, strategies for specifying variables, techniques for dealing effectively with study participants, and suggests some techniques for evaluating the results of a research study (p. 178). After examining his suggestions, consider the strengths and weaknesses of his approach as you
- Describe the various components of an experimental method plan, as envisioned by the author.
- Explain two styles of threats to validity.
- Describe the nuances involved in interpreting results from an empirical study.
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three peer-reviewed sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Creswell, J. W. (2014). Research design: Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches (4th ed.). Retrieved from https://content.uagc.edu
- Chapter 8: Quantitative Methods