Prepare for your interview well in advance. In Part 2 of this activity, you will prepare for and conduct your informational interview by completing the following tasks:
- Interview about the business administration field
- An interview in real time is preferable, but if you and your subject are unable to arrange that, you can use email.
- Draft your interview questions. See below for guidance.
- Conduct the interview.
Here are some questions you might consider:
- What sparked your interest in this career field?
- What does a typical day entail in your line of work?
- What do you like most about your career field?
- What are some challenges you face in this career choice?
- How do you handle your work-life balance?
- What suggestions do you have for someone who is interested in this field?
- Who else do you recommend I talk to?
Part 3 (due by the end of Week 7)
After your interview, summarize your notes in two or three paragraphs. Include the name of the interviewee, a short biography describing his or her professional background and experiences, and a brief synopsis of your interview details/highlights. Be sure to include a list of the questions that you asked.