Cybersecurity threats have continued to pose significant problems to multiple organizations, and most organizations have concentrated their efforts to fight cyber-threats from external sources. But most organizations forget to address internal human errors. Although human error can never be eliminated, incidents can be reduced by establishing clear cybersecurity, policies, standards, procedures, guidelines, and providing regular employee training.
The CEO of NCU-FSB has stated that the recent cybersecurity attacks on the organization’s resources were due to internal errors from HR employees. As the newly employed chief information security officer (CISO) for NCU-FSB, the CEO has asked you to present a summary of the control recommendations on cybersecurity based on the risk management model adopted or customized, the reasons for this selection, and provide an overview to the board of trustees of the organization.
For this assignment, you must develop a report that outlines the IT governance provisions for security policies, standards, and procedures. Your outline will be included in your signature assignment. A sample report is provided in the weekly resources.
Your report should include the following:
- Brief explanation of the information security lifecycle and the role risk management plays in each phase.
- Brief overview of the differences between policies, standard procedures, guidelines, and baselines for the protection of paper and electronic processes, forms, and reports.
- Ideal risk management framework for the organization
- Policy hierarchy of the implementation
- Cybersecurity policy component
- Data encryption tool (firewalls, activity-tracker, monitoring tools, etc.).
- Policy impact assessment
Length: 2-3 slides
The completed assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards