Before starting this assignment, please view these short videos:
Mental Health & Behavioral Health Services at UC San Diego Health
Unmasking Mental Health
The following items/requirements/questions will be assessed in particular:
- Discuss what is meant by mental and behavioral health.
- Describe the nature of managed care’s philosophy and initiatives directed at mental and behavioral health.
- The steps taken to improve quality care.
- What works and what does not.
- As the CEO of the mental health facility, how would you address the care and payment system?
- Your recommendations for further or continued improvements.
- Support your assignment with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3-4 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
- For additional information on reliability of web sources, review the following document: https://www.edb.utexas.edu/petrosino/Legacy_Cycle/mf_jm/Challenge%201/website%20reliable.pdf.
- Cite all sources and provide a reference list at the end of your paper.
- LENGTH: 5-6 Pages
Cancino, R. S., Jack, B. W., Jarvis, J., Cummings, A. K., Cooper, E., Cremieux, P. Y., & Burgess Jr, J. F. (2017). Health services utilization among fee-for-service Medicare and Medicaid patients under age 65 with behavioral health illness at an urban safety net hospital. Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy, 23(7), 781-788.
Essock, S. M. (2016). What to do when the managed care firm says no. JAMA Psychiatry, 73(11), 1109-1110.
Guerrero, E. G., Garner, B. R., Cook, B., Kong, Y., Vega, W. A., & Gelberg, L. (2017). Identifying and reducing disparities in successful addiction treatment completion: Testing the role of Medicaid payment acceptance. Substance Abuse Treatment, Prevention and Policy, 12
Magaard, J. L., Seeralan, T., Schulz, H., & Brütt, A. L. (2017). Factors associated with help-seeking behaviour among individuals with major depression: A systematic review. PLoS One, 12(5) M. B., M.A. (2017). Mental health services in primary care. Contemporary Pediatrics, 34(3), 30-34.
Nierengarten, M. B. (2017). Mental health services in primary care. Contemporary Pediatrics, 34(3), 30-34.
Richard, D. (2017). What is next for behavioral health in managed care? North Carolina Medical Journal, 78(1), 30-32. doi:10.18043/ncm.78.1.30
Williams, M. O., Gilroy, J. R., Chang, T. Y., & Seymour, D. J. (2017). Challenges for insured patients in accessing behavioral health care. The Annals of Family Medicine, 15(4), 363-365