A global supply chain involves various departments within a firm and external partners to manage the end-to-end processes relating to selling the firm’s products, including sourcing, distribution, transportation, warehousing, sales, and customer service. The technology used to connect people and processes is critical to operating a successful supply chain. Supply chains are complex and therefore subject to problems. Those managing the operations need to have sound strategies in place and re-assess those strategies regularly to ensure that the supply chain performs effectively.
Use this template to complete the assignment: Unit 4 Template.
For this assignment, complete the following:
- The introduction should introduce the reader to complex supply chains, their potential problems, and strategies for re-assessing strategies that ensure that the supply chain performs effectively.
- Create a flow chart to illustrate the product flow in the supply chain. For instructions on how to create a flow chart, review this resource.
- Prepare an analysis comparing how each of the provided strategies might be used to resolve the supply chain problem, including how the company should use the provided tools and processes to implement the strategy, explaining how implementing the strategy will resolve the supply chain problem.
- Write an analysis identifying which strategy should be implemented to resolve the partner’s problem.
- Describe how the strategy should be implemented with supporting processes and tools.
- How does the strategy resolve the problem (e.g., improves which aspects of performance, reduces or eliminates which impacts and how, and so on)?
- The conclusion should summarize the strategies in place for re-assessing strategies, ensuring that the supply chain is performing effectively.
Your Distribution Strategy and Recommendation should be 5 pages in length. Be sure to properly cite your sources using APA. Include your references and in-text citations.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 5 pages minimum
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person.
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.