Cis375 assignment | Computer Science homework help
Assignment 2: Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games (MMORPGs)
In a virtual world (VW) of massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs), collaboration and communication are provided through the Internet between MMORPG-ready devices such as the Microsoft Xbox, and Sony PlayStation, and by using the Web browser. Gamers around the world can play against other gamers without seeing their opponent face-to-face. The Internet and MMORPG devices have become a social phenomenon. For example, a mobile game, called “Game of War” enables players to play against each other anywhere around the world.
The following Website might be helpful when writing this assignment:
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Describe cognitive social phenomena that occur specifically to the context of the MMORPG that wouldn’t happen in a face-to-face checkers game.
- Compare and contrast the MMORPG user interaction environment and a face-to-face environment where Spades is being played. Next, identify whether or not the environment has an impact on the player’s ability to play Spades in this environment.
- Outline and describe the user interface requirements that a game designer needs to include in order to engage players in a MMORPG environment.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Compare and contrast the various cognitive models.
- Construct evaluation techniques to the user experience and system usability in the design process.
- Describe the differences in developing user interfaces for different application environments.
- List the general principles used in the heuristic evaluation of a user interface design.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in human-computer interaction.
- Write clearly and concisely about human-computer interaction topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.