- Students will become familiar with business theories and approaches relating to various business environments (Domestic, Global, Technological, Political-Legal, Socio-Cultural, and Economic).
- Students will evaluate the business environments and practices of selected companies.
- Students will evaluate the business environments of a company identified as a “worst” company to learn why it is not successful.
- Students will apply successful company strategies and business theory to recommend a successful strategy for the “worst” company.
The political environment includes all laws, government agencies, and lobbying groups that influence or restrict individuals or organizations in their society. The political environment also is about how changes in government policy might affect the business. The legal environment is about how legislation and related regulations in society affect the business, i.e. changes in employment laws on working hours. You will assess the political environment this week for your selected “Worst” company. Continue to Lesson 5 for more information and details.
LO – 5 – Given a chosen company, the student will detect and evaluate the political and legal limitations and barriers for the company using both the Domestic and Global environments.
Prompt:Write a paper that covers the following:1. Describe and integrate the political and legal environments/structures of your selected company’s home (domestic) country and another country in which it does business (global). (If your company does not have another clearly identified country, select a country in which it is likely to do — or could do – business.)
2. What exists for your worst company in the context of the domestic and global political-legal environments?
Instructions: Also see Attachments.
- This paper will provide a portion of the details you will cover in your Simulation assignment.
- Research requirement: minimum 2 credible sources with at least one source from required readings.
- Minimum page requirement: 2