1. Discuss the reasons why new brands with a smaller market share spend proportionately more on advertising than brands with a larger market share.
2. At what stage in a product’s life cycle are pioneering, competitive, and comparative advertising most likely to occur?
Give a current example of each type.
3. What is the primary factor that determines sales promotion objectives?
Name some different types of sales promotion techniques, and explain the type of customer they are intended to influence.
4. Discuss how different forms of sales promotion can erode or build brand loyalty.
If a company’s objective is to enhance customer loyalty to its products, which sales promotion technique would be most appropriate?
5. What forms of consumer sales promotion might induce impulse purchases?
What forms of sales promotion are more effective at persuading consumers to switch brands?