7.2: Project—Creating Customer Portfolios
In this assignment, you will create two customer portfolios for your own organization or for one you have enough information about in order to make sensible predictions relating to customer retention. If your company has a social media site, be sure to examine whether or not it serves as a good point of customer service. If so, include it in at least one of your customer portfolios.
- Review Theme 2, Assignment 2.1, Assignment 5.1 and all module readings to help you create customer portfolios.
- Identify two different types of customers of your organization.
- Using the agenda for Customer Portfolio Formation Guide (found in Theme 2), as well as the module readings, create a cohesive portfolio for each customer that details how your organization would serve each customer over the next five to 10 years.
- Add any bottom-line calculations that you believe would be helpful to your leadership team. Recall that you will use these portfolios to convince leadership of the need to be customer centered.
- End each portfolio by providing a summary that predicts the bottom-line success of your portfolio plans and identifies internal hurdles that must be overcome, with suggestions for doing so.